The original Cemetery was at Conejo (now Thousand Oaks), in the southeastern part of Ventura County, four miles east of Camarillo on U.S. Highway 101.
29 interments were moved from a site near Duesenberg Drive to Valley Oaks Memorial Park in March 1969, which today is part of Pierce Brothers Westlake Village Memorial Park. Only 11 headstones remain.
Original transcriptions done by Genealogical Records Committe of the California State Society, Daughters of the Revolution, 1946; book is located at Los Angeles Public Library. Census of cemeteries taked between years of 1929 and 1936; page 253
Additional transcriptions for the Old Russell Cemetery compiled by Valley Oaks Memorial Park in Thousand Oaks; added Apr 27, 1972
Additional research and additions by Patricia Tobin Allen