VCGS provides a number of ways for you to learn more about family history research. All of them are open to members and non-members alike. Most are free of charge.
- Consult with our library volunteers on the second floor of the Camarillo Library for one-on-one help learning how to use our genealogy collection or just getting started with genealogy. Or you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to meet for personal genealogy instruction. (FREE)
- Attend our monthly lectures to hear from prominent genealogists on best practices, useful resources for finding records, and the latest techniques for tracking down ancestors (FREE)
- Sign up for our annual all-day seminar in October for an in-depth learning experience from a well-known speaker (nominal fee required)
- Join our weekly Wednesday morning workshop to exchange ideas with other genealogists of all levels of experience (FREE)
- Go along on our periodic guided field trips to local genealogical libraries (FREE)
- Join us for our annual week-long trip to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (travel expenses)
- Participate in one (or more!) of our regularly scheduled Special Interest Groups to drill down into specialty areas such as British, Irish, German, Mexican American research, DNA, or technology topics (FREE)
Visit our Events Calendar for more information on these options!