Santa Clara Catholic Cemetery, aka El Rio Cemetery
2370 North H Street
Oxnard, California 93036
View Location Map
Santa Clara Catholic Cemetery was established in 1910 and is actively accepting burials today.
There are an estimated 4,000 individuals interred at Santa Clara Catholic Cemetery. The VCGS database contains about 300 entries for this cemetery. Researchers should also search Find A Grave for this location; or, contact the cemetery via their website.
More Detail about the Santa Clara Catholic Cemetery
Santa Clara Catholic Cemetery was established in 1910 on property donated to the Catholic parish by Oxnard founder, Henry T. Oxnard. Father John Sylvester Laubacher oversaw the creation of the cemetery. He fell victim to the influenza epidemic of 1918 and ended up being the first person buried in the cemetery. Early death certificates sometimes refer to the cemetery as El Rio Cemetery.